Topics for the Canadian Track
The Symposium features an educational track of sessions focusing on Canadian benefit topics. Society members and other industry professionals are invited to submit a presentation proposal for the Canadian track.
What are we looking for? A proposal with a fresh take on an ongoing challenge, or takes a deep dive into the critical aspects of Canadian benefit plans, including group, pension and other benefits. Symposium attendees look for practical and edgy takes on topics they haven't seen anywhere else.
You are welcome to submit a propsoal on any timely or trending benefit topic. The list below represents some of the "hot" topics identified by Society members and other benefit professionals. If you or someone you know is an expert on one of these topics, you are encouraged to submit a session proposal. Feel free to share this among your professional network.
- The drug pipeline and addressing high-cost drugs
- Stop loss/reinsurance
- Using predictive analytics to shape plan design decisions
- The evolution of prior authorization
- Fentanyl/opioid crisis - impact on benefit plans, the workplace and families
- Benefit plans for employees aged 65+
- Impact of medical and recreational cannabis on plans and the workplace
Pension and Retirement Topics
- Planning for health care costs in retirement
- Living standards replacement rate (LSRR)
- Educating plan participants on CPP benefits
General Benefit Topics
- Data analytics and privacy concerns
- Navigating the future of travel benefits
- Vacation/PTO plan benchmarking
- The "gig" economy's impact on benefits and pension plans
- Emerging benefit trends (such as pet insurance, student loan repayment assistance)
- Elder care and employer considerations